All Good Things Must Come to an End

Yes, these are my feet...
All good things must come to an end, and unfortunately, that includes vacation.  I haven't had to go to the day job since May 18th, but I'm back today (doubt you're feeling sorry for me lol).  Anyway, the time off was great.  The memories will last a lifetime, but so will the life lessons.

During part of my time off, I went to the country -- where I was born and grew up until the age of 6 actually.  I couldn't get over how easily the shoes were tossed aside in favor of walking through the grass or sand barefoot.  And before the trip I really considered myself a city girl.  It turns out I love both.

But it wasn't just for a trip down memory lane that I went in the first place.  For those of you who don't know I was more recently reunited with my oldest sister, and she was getting married.  Everything was beautiful, the bride the most by far.

So I said above that I learned some life lessons.  There is a lot I learned while having a short stint in the countryside.  One is why do I get so stressed out about things all the time.  Things gets done without needing to spin like a metaphorical Tasmanian Devil.  I also realized how important it is to feed one's own soul.  In fact, there's a lot I learned and some of these things have led to the inspiration of a few upcoming blog posts and articles.  I even started a novel, in which there are going to be no dead bodies (gasp), and have aptly named it "The Rustic Adventure".

Anyway, for now, here's some pictures taken of where we were at Lake on the Mountain Resort.

Inspiring just to look at, isn't it? One of my favorite things to
do was to sit on the dock, feet in the water, feeling the 
breeze across my face and think about nothing.

My sister had her reception in this building -- beautiful!

Looking over the Bay of Quinte

Wishing I was on that speedboat running away lol



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Family Doesn't Support Your Writing

A Big Decision...

A Promotional Tool that Makes Sense