What Writing is to me...

Writing is the intimate expression of exploration and probing into the creative aspect of human nature.  It's a tapping into the dreams and aspirations we may have.  It's facing the fears we'd never dare to in real life.  It's meeting new people who take us places we'd never go.  In reality, writing is a means of travel to that which only exists in our imagination.

We are swept away in drama, heartbreak, excitement, thrills, fear, death and romance.

Yes, writing has the ability to touch our emotions, to motivate us, to lift us up when we are down.  It allows us a mental playground in which we can escape from daily life.

Yet the best transformation comes about with the transference from our minds to paper, to the form of books and stories, in which we share these secret realms with others. 

By extension I feel deeply honored to be able to share my work with others, to have them read my work and experience the worlds I have created.  Writing in its fullest essence is not just something I do.  To me, writing is a part of who I am; it’s a partial definition of the person I have become.  

Comments

  1. I feel exactly the same as you about it. It lets me explore parts of who I am that would otherwise have gone neglected.

    That's one of the biggest reasons why I love writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing has to be a pass for us to keep enjoying doing it. And the stuff you write, girl, it's awesome ( I don have a love of mysteries).

    ReplyDelete
  3. LM and Rebecca - thank you.

    And I think it's awesome that not everyone loves writing the same genre. It allows for such variety :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think most of us feel the same, Carolyn. It's what it means to be a writer that keeps most of us going even when we get masses of rejections!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For sure, Pat. We have to love writing to start with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Writing should be mind relaxing activity for a writer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vladimir, I believe relaxing yet also challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so true Carolyn .Writing is very relaxing challenging and fulfilling. It can take us out of our realities and into others.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent now I have contact with you. I am a first time writer, learning all the time and the feeling it gives me when I have finished a chapter is immense. My story is based on true events that I hope to be published on an ebook shortly. I have 9 chapters written and edited and many more on the way. It has been a long but fulfilling journey. I am now a follower on your blog, check mine out if you wish at

    http://thewrongplaceatthewrongtime.blogspot.com/

    Great to connect with you Carolyn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sheilagh - nothing like it, is there?

    Dave great to connect here. Congrats on taking the forward steps of writing a book - Awesome! Thank you for the follow as well. I'll check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment.

Popular posts from this blog

When Family Doesn't Support Your Writing

A Big Decision...

A Promotional Tool that Makes Sense