How do you stay motivated?

Sometimes you have to dig within.  Remember why you write.  For myself, it's really become part of who I am.  It's like getting up in the morning, dressing for the day and going about my responsibilities.  When I fail to do it, something is missing.  Maybe you feel the same way?  If so, you've come to the right place.

One idea that recently presented itself, is how do I celebrate a completed novel?  And by completed, I'm not referring to pristine, and perfect.  I'm referring to that first rough draft, the one you sacrificed other things for just to get your ideas on paper.  Maybe you're thinking it's nothing worthy of celebrating, but I'm here to tell you it is.  Not every one can write a book.  And if you've got that first draft, you've succeeded where many have failed.

Now, what I'm doing to keep me motivated while waiting on my break, the one I'm working hard to make a reality, is rewarding myself with a wall plaque for each book I finish.  I'm fortunate to have a hubby who is a graphic design artist who can turn my cover art into something worthy of Chapters or Barnes & Noble.  He's lays it out with my "book blurb" on an 8" x 10".  Needless to say they're beautiful on the wall.  And it helps impress upon me how much I have accomplished.  Maybe you do something to celebrate completion of your novel(s).  I'd love to hear about it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Family Doesn't Support Your Writing

A Big Decision...

A Promotional Tool that Makes Sense