I Hope to Inspire with My Big Decision

Every writer dreams of the day they are able to leave the day job and pursue their passion full-time. Few make it happen.

I’m here to share with my readers and the followers of this blog that I did it! I am now a full-time author!

I share this not to brag, but to inspire, to let you know that you can do it too.  Now, I’m a huge believer in affirmations and the Law of Attraction and I want to share my story with you. Warning, though, if you’re not yet a believer, you might be after you read my story.

Here it is.

At the end of last year, my sister, Sherry and her husband were down for a visit. She has taught me a lot and has introduced me to many great teachers of our time. One of them is Jack Canfield. Anyway, back on point. We watched a video they had brought with Jack Canfield. In it he emphasized how we are capable of anything.  We are, in fact, limitless.  He even demonstrated this by having us do a physical exercise. It had me blurting out an expletive. We truly are only limited by our mind!

After the video was over, we sat around discussing it and our different goals. My main one at the time was to quit my day job and be an author full-time. My sister told me to pick a date and to write it on a calendar I use. I did. The date? November 1, 2014.

Now, if you’re a follower of Jack Canfield or have read about affirmations, you know a great add-on to any of them is “or something better.”  Well, I got the “or something better.”

On July 15th, I gave notice at my day job. Was I positioned exactly where I wanted to be? No.

You might be wondering why I quit then. The answer is simple, it was time. The universe was telling me. Everywhere I turned there were signs. I knew it in my soul. My Higher Self kept whispering to me until it built into a scream.

During the time I was working out my notice, I woke early one morning and it was my soul compelling me to write its purpose. I have come to term this my Soul’s Mission Statement. It is as follows:
To touch the hearts of millions through my books, my spoken words, and my deeds. To entertain, to inspire, to empower, and to provide temporary relief from stress or pain.
Those two sentences came from my heart and only reconfirmed that my choice to leave the day job was in alignment with my soul.

To write, this was why I was put on this earth. The result which is making a difference in people’s lives, that feeds my soul on a spiritual level.

I am grateful to my loyal readers and those who support me on my life’s journey. You give my passion wings. A heartfelt thank you, and because of you, on August 29th, my first official day as a full-time author, hubby and I celebrated with a nice, relaxing dinner out. We toasted my readers and to our future, to goals to which we aspire, to visualizations yet to manifest, to gifts we have yet to find out about.

The lesson here people? Follow your bliss, your heart, your soul’s calling. Don’t let anyone, or anything hold you back. Sing the song that only you are meant to sing. When you know what you want, set the date and let it go. The universe will grant your wish.

~~
Want to read this article later on? You can forward this post to your Kindle by clicking the button below.
Send to Kindle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Promotional Tool that Makes Sense

When Family Doesn't Support Your Writing

A Big Decision...