The Importance of Making Time for You


We all have a list of responsibilities pages long--that's if we had time to actually write a to-do list.  It's true, isn't it? Life is busy, even beyond busy.  So how do you prioritize?

Well, no one can tell you what needs to get accomplished first, second, third, and so on, except for you.  You know what needs to be done.  

In my journey to self-discovery, I've found that everything that needs to get done always does, but it's not necessarily on the timetable I had originally pegged for it.  So what can be taken away from this?  Why stress yourself out to the point of blocking good energy in your body with the negative?

When you stress about reaching a target date, isn't it true, it becomes a burden? In fact, if you're like me, sometimes, these to-dos get pushed back.  Procrastination takes a front seat. What good does that accomplish?  While goals are needed to guide us--notice guide--they shouldn't be rigid.

Ask yourself this question: when did you last make time for you?

If you think about the question, the answer may surprise you. But, really, we should take time every day to feed our souls.  We all know the phrase "pay yourself first" when it comes to finances. More importantly this advice applies to our spirit.

Here's a deeper question: what makes you happy?

At surface level, it may seem like a simple question, but it is anything but.  However, if you can get a list together of what makes you happy, I assure you the rest will fall into place--the way it's supposed to. 

Comments

  1. Carolyn, thank you for reminding us women that we need to take time out for ourselves as often as we can! I will admit, it has been a long time since I took time out to feed my soul... with an ill husband it hasn't been easy to write my work-in-progress (a crime fiction novel titled "Escape & Redemption") and also publish my helpful literary publication titled "The Cat's Meow for Writers & Readers Magazine," never mind also taking care of a dog and a cat! But, after reading your post, I will take better care to feed my soul from now on. What I love doing and makes me happy is my job - publishing & writing - and reading. So, I am going to finish reading the book that was just delivered to my home last night, "I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai," the Pakistani girl who was shot at point-blank range by the Taliban and lived to start an Education for All Girls Movement (she wants to one day be the Prime Minister of Pakistan). Also have to finish reading other To-Be-Read books I've either ordered or put on my Amazon Wish List; most are written by my fellow authors and friends, which are excellent books. I'm hoping this leaves me enough time to also cook, cater to my ailing hubby, walk our dog, etc. I always bemoan the fact there are just not enough hours in a day to do all we 'want' and need to do, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment.

Popular posts from this blog

When Family Doesn't Support Your Writing

A Big Decision...

A Promotional Tool that Makes Sense