Dare to Be You!


There is only one way to avoid criticism: 
do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.
--Aristole

When we set out to be published authors, we know that we're taking a chance on ourselves.  But it's even more than that. We're taking a chance on our writing, and for most of us, it's a very personal matter.

We've made sacrifices to get our work to the point it can be published, and at some point, there's going to be someone who doesn't quite love our stories as much as we do.  This can hurt -- a lot.  But we don't give up!  

Aristole said it best above.  I don't know about you but I'd rather get out there and reach those who do love my work.  I rather be something than nothing.

And, this piece of advice doesn't just apply to writing.  It applies to every area of our lives.  If it makes you happy, if it fills a need in your soul, then it's worth the risk.  Be true to yourself and dare to be you!

Comments

  1. OMG - love your puppy pic! Great advice, old Aristole had for us authors! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I confess I saw the quote on Facebook and it inspired the post. Thought it would be great for starting off the week. : )

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this terrific advice, Carolyn. It applies to everyone, not only writers. You must be doing something right because I like YOURself. And this funky dame you see all over the Social Media is what I have evolved into, thanks to my friends (you) who created this funky personna. :-)

    Hugs - Betty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment.

Popular posts from this blog

A Promotional Tool that Makes Sense

When Family Doesn't Support Your Writing

A Big Decision...