New Year’s Resolution, or Illusion


Every year we hear it said; maybe we’re the one who says it: “This year I’m going to...”

This lead-in is usually followed by a list of things we want to change about ourselves in the coming year, or what we want to accomplish.  All too commonly the above-noted words are followed by “lose weight”, “quit smoking”, “quit drinking”, and “get out of debt” among others.  Yet despite these grand plans, 75% of these resolutions end up resulting in failure.

That’s why this year, I’m not going to adopt a resolution per say, but I’m most certainly not heading out into the year without any plans or goals either.  I would rather subscribe to a new way of thinking, a method that addresses the main areas in my life.  Maybe you’ll find my new outlook fits you too.  Go ahead, embrace it.  I think we all should.

Here’s my new way of thinking:  “This year I’m going to make each day of my life count by tapping into my full potential physically, mentally, and spiritually.”

Hope you have a wonderful year and that everything you set out for meets with success.    

As for my goal markers in 2013, I plan on finishing a couple of works in progress and releasing 3 novels.  Guess we’ll have to wait and see what the future holds, but I’m going to work hard on my part to shape it the way I want it.  I hope you sculpt yours.

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing, Carolyn. I'm not much for setting resolutions either. I simply plan to keep looking forward rather than backward.
    Happy New Year to you. Wishing you nothing but the best in 2013.

    -Jimmy
    http://jamesgarciajr.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James, I think that's the only way to accomplish anything. Sometimes, I find it hard not to look behind though. And, I guess as long as we take our life lessons forward, there shouldn't be a need to dwell on the past. : )

      Happy New Year to you and much success.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment.

Popular posts from this blog

When Family Doesn't Support Your Writing

A Big Decision...

A Promotional Tool that Makes Sense