The Lucky 7 Meme...And of course there's a dead body or a wager on one....

Rob Pruneda tagged me for a Lucky 7 Meme.  What is that exactly?  Well here are the rules:

1. Go to page 77 of your current MS/WIP (If you don’t yet have 77 pages of your current work in progress completed, just choose the first seven sentences.)

2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next 7 lines, sentences, or paragraphs, and post them as they’re written.
4. Tag 7 authors, and let them know.


From SACRIFICE, the 3rd in the Madison Knight series.  May I also say how pleased I was it didn't reveal any spoilers! I guess this post was just meant to be.  Thanks Rob!  Here's 7 sentences...okay, maybe there's 8, but I'm a novelist! LOL  It's an interaction between Madison and her partner Terry.  It starts with Madison talking.
“I don’t know.  Making money off someone’s death?  That’s not ethical.”
“That’s only assuming you win the bet.”
“I usually do.”
“Now who’s cocky?”
“Just telling you the truth.”  She laughed.
 And now, let the tagging begin:


1.) Betty Dravis (you're first!)
2.) DA Graystone
3.) Jennifer Chase
4.) Richard Hale
5.) Michael Lorde
6.) Ann Swann
7.) Kenneth Hoss

If they don't have a blog, I think it would be great if they shared their excerpt on Facebook.

Comments

  1. OK, here goes... I'll practice it by doing it here and then post it elsewhere. :-)

    This is from my award-winning "1106 GRAND BOULEVARD.":

    page 77, line 7 down (this is 7 lines in the book):

    Her biggest regret--outside of never once seeing her baby before she died--was that Cal was unaware that Norma Sue existed.
    (scene/time break here)
    After Billie Jean came out of the coma the previous year, everyone was very kind to her, but it was Jackson Sinclair who drew her out of her deep depression. Her relatives were too close to be objective, so were much too gentle with her. And that's where Jackson was different; while he was compassionate, he did not baby her, and he had a teasing way that drew her out.

    THERE, THAT DOES IT! Hope this is intriguing. :-)

    Thanks, Carolyn, for thinking of me. You're the best!

    Hugs - Betty Dravis

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were a lot more efficient with your response than I was when I posted, Carolyn. I actually broke the rules because going by the rules would have revealed a spoiler. Not gonna happen! :-)

    Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty, that is grand! :) I want to meet Jackson.

    Rob, rules are meant for breaking anyway! lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment.

Popular posts from this blog

When Family Doesn't Support Your Writing

A Big Decision...

A Promotional Tool that Makes Sense