NaNo! NaNo!

For those of you in the writing community you know right off what NaNo is!  It's the month where everything else in your life gets pushed to the back while you crank out 50,000 words.  For some of us it's a larger feat than others.  Some set higher goals than the 50k requirement.

So are you in?

Last year was my first time participating, and this year I'm not able to manage it time-wise.  But know I am rooting all of you on!

Here's some things I found helped me last year:
1) Budget time - you only have so much in a day.  Allocate when you are going to write and stick to it.
2) Limit the internet.  Log on as a reward after accomplishing your target WC.
3) Let your writing flow. Don't edit as you go along.
4) First and foremost have fun!

Comments

  1. I should set up rules for myself and NaNo, but I don't. This year, I'm overloaded, so I'm just going to write when I can, even if it's a minute here and there during the work day. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to be having problems with rule #2 :S Great advice though!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment.

Popular posts from this blog

A Promotional Tool that Makes Sense

When Family Doesn't Support Your Writing

A Big Decision...