The Modern Woman


Most mothers want to see their daughters grow up, get married and raise a family.  At least mine did, but I didn’t necessary have it all planned out that way.  Sure I wanted to fall in love and have a man who worshipped me – what girl doesn’t.  But then I grew up.

I got my heart broken a few times along the way and at one point even decided I didn’t care if I ever found a husband.  That was until I met “the one”.

He was handsome, but more importantly he made me laugh.  He listened to me when I spoke.  He was crazy about me.  So when he asked me to marry him, I said yes.

It rained on our wedding day.  They say it does when a marriage will last forever, and so far the old wives’ tale has held true.   

For the first few years our mothers asked when they’d be seeing a grandchild – a question we laughed off.  You see hubby and I didn’t really want to have kids, and it’s not because we’re selfish or irresponsible, it’s just our personal choice.

Fifteen years later, and two beagles as pets, I smile because I did things my way.  I may not have followed a preset mold of “get married and have children” but I’m happy.   My mother-in-law laughs at us when she sees the antics of our dogs.  She says, and you said you didn’t want children?

Of course this is my story, yours might be completely different.  Maybe you’re married with children, and that’s awesome, but the modern woman has independent dreams and desires regardless.  The modern woman doesn’t hide behind a man who takes the lead.  And you know what?  I find that most men like a strong woman.

This is why I wrote Madison Knight.  I wanted a modern woman in the lead who was strong, determined and intelligent, and despite being in a career dominated by men, she would hold her own.

You say you don’t normally like a female as the lead detective?   I hope to change your mind.  You see, I’ve written a series with her as the lead, and by doing so have shown my respect for the modern woman.

If you’re a strong woman yourself, or a man who loves a woman who speaks her mind, why not give Madison Knight a try?

Which brings me to why I’m telling you this, I want you to download my mystery for only 99 cents.

Did I mention it’s been given a 5-star rating, and the writing style compared to JD Robb?  But don’t take other people’s word for it, find out for yourself.

Here’s the link.  Click it now, before the day gets you distracted:Ties That Bind
  

Comments

  1. Very thought-provoking post. Your path shows you have strength and your contentedness shows your strength does not come at another's expense. If only everyone understood what you do.

    SaltonLee

    ReplyDelete
  2. You remind me a bit of myself, a similar personality with two dogs instead of children :)Just tweeted this post for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salton Lee, you are too kind. Thank you! :)

    LK Watts, fellow canine mommy, thank you for the comment and tweet link :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I have two dogs instead of kids too, but I love all my nieces and nephews :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jennifer, exactly! My sisters have the human kids too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first 6 paragraphs are like reading about my own life, only substitute cats for dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your main character sounds great. We're all strong women in my family. I like the title of the series, Madison Knight. Congrats on publishing Ties That Bind and getting a five star rating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Lynn - one strong woman to another :) As my husband's always telling me, I'm a perfect fit for his family because they're all strong women. Guess he loves the challenge lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love strong women and especially strong women characters. In my book, The Masada Protocol, my main character Neena Shahud is tough as nails and I wouldn't have it any other way!

    Lee Broad
    Author, The Masada Protocol
    http://bit.ly/qu9LV0

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lee, best of success with your book! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment.

Popular posts from this blog

When Family Doesn't Support Your Writing

A Big Decision...

A Promotional Tool that Makes Sense